12/23/2007

My favorite memory of the New Philadelphia Annual Christmas Parade

One year we went to the New Philadelphia annual Christmas parade with Mike, I don't know if Brian might have been in a stroller, or not even born yet. It was very cold and hard to stand outside for the whole parade, but we made it. After the parade ended we went to the Dutch Oven for a late breakfast. We ordered hot chocolate and they brought it in a big insulated coffee pot, all we could drink! It was so warming and soothing. I'll never forget sitting there with my family enjoying that pot of chocolate. The Dutch Oven restaurant more or less burned down with the rest of that block in New Phila in about 1983 or so. The town lost Williams Furniture, two shoe stores, the restaurant, and a barbershop. Mike was so impressed, and read the next-day Times Reporter so many times that I ended up having it laminated for him. We still have it somewhere.....
Photobucket

No comments: